Gout arthritis is some kind of inflammatory arthritis which will affected only those people with high levels of uric acid. The acid will accumulate and forming crystals in their joint and can cause a sudden, a continuous severe pain, redness and swelling around several places especially joints area.
There is several type or stages of gout arthritis:
- Asymptomatic hyperuricemia is the first gout that will attack with almost no symptoms, it only shows if got checked at the blood uric acid levels which are high and usually crystals are begun to forming in the joint.
- The Gout attack usually happens when triggers by something which can cause your acid levels suddenly increase which commanding the crystals that already formed in a joint, triggering attack. This will result inflammation and the pain usually came at night and continually strikes in next eight until 12 hours. The symptoms sometimes will go for about week till 10 days. Estimated almost 60 percent of people who attack by gout will have a second attack in one year interval and about 84 percent can have another attack in three years interval.
- Interval gout is the time between attacks. Although there’s no pain in this period, the gout are still in there. This is the chance to start managing gout by changing lifestyle and do some medication to prevent chronic gout.
- Chronic gout develops in people with gout whose uric acid levels remain high over a number of years Attacks become more frequent and the pain may not go away as it used to. Joint damage may occur, which can lead to a loss of mobility. With proper management and treatment, this stage is preventable.
Treating gout require a two approach using medications and changing the lifestyle all together.
Treating an Acute Gout Attack
Below are the home remedies for gout arthritis attack, you can use bellow for relieve the pain and swelling of a gout attack:
- An anti-inflammatory drug or you can choose natural anti-inflammatory, which can be used to relieve the pain and swelling.
- Use ice to compress and elevate the joint
- Drink plenty of water (water without alcohol or sweet sodas)
- Go to a gout specialist doctor
- Relax; stress can trigger gout attack.
- You can ask for help to do daily task from a friends or family.
Gout attacks usually resolve within a week or 10 days and then disappear completely. The worst attacks are in the first 36 hours. Please remember to consult to your doctor when you have been attack to control your uric acid levels so you can prevent another attack in future.